The App Smash Challenge
Are you ready for a challenge?
The App Smash Challenge will have your students practicing and applying critical 21st Century Skills as they learn about topics covered in your classroom! As they work to complete this challenge, they will use digital tools to work through activities that will help them sharpen their skills through reflection, practice, and assessment, along with engaging opportunities to create, collaborate, and communicate with others as they go!
This challenge is meant to support and extend classroom learning, addressing the specific learning targets associated with the current unit of instruction. In addition to the content-specific standards addressed in the unit, the challenge also addresses the following ISTE Standards (from the International Society for Technology in Education):
- ISTE·S 1 - Empowered Learner - Students leverage technology to take an active role in choosing, achieving and demonstrating competency in their learning goals, informed by the learning sciences.
- ISTE·S 2 - Digital Citizen - Students recognize the rights, responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world, and they act and model in ways that are safe, legal and ethical.
- ISTE·S 3 - Knowledge Constructor - Students leverage technology to take an active role in choosing, achieving and demonstrating competency in their learning goals, informed by the learning sciences.Students critically curate a variety of resources using digital tools to construct knowledge, produce creative artifacts and make meaningful learning experiences for themselves and others.
- ISTE·S 4 - Innovative Designer - Students use a variety of technologies within a design process to identify and solve problems by creating new, useful or imaginative solutions.
- ISTE·S 6 - Creative Communicator - Students communicate clearly and express themselves creatively for a variety of purposes using the platforms, tools, styles, formats and digital media appropriate to their goals.
- ISTE·S 7 - Global Collaborator - Students use digital tools to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning by collaborating with others and working effectively in teams locally and globally.
How Does It Work?
Wanna learn more? CLICK HERE to learn how the challenge works!